Monday, February 11, 2013

How to be in two places at once


I have many balls being juggled lately that I try to fit in an around two young girls that seem never to be still or sated.  I am slowly looking through a batch of vintage that needs to be posted up in my shop some of which is so amazing I will (again) need to be persuasive with myself in letting them go. More on that later.
Meanwhile, many sewing projects are stacking up.
The Edwardian tea dress arrived - such a beautiful, beautiful thing.  It sits like a white ghost on my mannequin waiting for a couple of conservation repairs.
I am dating it between 1910 and 1913 which, for me, weighs it heavy with dramatic irony - the owner couldn't have known that her halcyon days were almost certainly about to end.  I can't help but feel its delicate, summery optimism is infused with a little sadness...
Well.  What it probably needs is a good, old wedding to go to.
image source

No comments: